Tuesday 20 September 2011

Composition continued:

After this we selected and image from magazine and newspapers sources. Our quick brief was too: Chose a photo that could be cropped in different ways to create a different meaning tot he image. I found this very hard actually. It's a difficult decision to say whether I feel I failed at this because I couldn't find a picture in the sources provided, or whether or not I was just generally rubbish at the task.
The image I selected was this: 


It shows a man in a deck chair on top of a dam/old fort/general tall building. he is the main focus of the image. but if you crop the image in different ways, it automatically adopts a new focus. 





Each new crop has become a whole new image in itself. 
I feel that this was a very useful lesson on composition, and It really brought the message across.

No comments:

Post a Comment